Orterra prides itself on creating residential gardens which meet the needs of our clients. We aim to bring your dreams of a better lifestyle to life. Our process and the associate costs are described below.
Initial Site Visit
Our hour consultation with you in your home is where we get to learn all about you. As part of the consultation we;
- Help you clarify your goals and aspirations for your garden.
- We look at your property and understand any issues, problems.
- Identify opportunities to help achieve your dream garden.
This interactive site visit costs $350 inc GST for residents in the greater Brisbane area and northern Gold Coast area. For properties outside of this area please contact us for a quote.
Sketch Design Quote
From the visit we prepare a quote to complete a sketch design of your property. This quote includes;
- A return brief which is a summary of what your goals and aspiration discussed during the site visit. This is to ensure we are designing the space to your wants and needs.
- The finished sketch design.
- A package, tailored to your requirements, which can include
- Materials and plants to be used in the garden,
- Hand sketches of the finished garden design,
- Sections and,
- Coloured digital renders.
Each quote is individually tailored to your individual needs and the sites requirements. Prices for a sketch design start at $2,000 excl GST.
We do work with people all around the state and sometimes it is not possible for us to get to site before we quote. If this applies to you, we will discuss with your requirements on the phone to ensure we provide the best help to you.
It is Orterra’s policy that we visit the site in person at least once during the design process. This is important as each property is unique. Each space we design is individual. By being on your site, with its context and position allows us to ensure the design we create is for you and your place. If this is the case for you, we will ensure a site visit is included in your quote.
Orterra work with trusted landscape contractors who specialise in residential construction who we can work closely with to provide you with a seamless flow between the design and construction.
Project management – we can take your design and manage the construction to ensure it is completed to your requirements.
Planting Plans – Designing and drawing detailed planting plans for a landscape contractor or yourself to plant out.
Planting Layout and Procurement – If you would like help with purchasing plants and setting them out to ensure the perfect arrangement then we are able to assist you with this.
We have a problem – Our we have a problem service is for those times when you are building, and something goes wrong or is not quite working out how you thought. We can be there to talk with yourselves and the landscape contractor to work out the best way to fix your issue.
We can quote for any of our additional services or if you would like to discuss how we might be able to help you.
Related Blog Posts
- The Role of Environmental Design in Preventing Crime
- The Best Way to Not to Kill Plants….
- Easement 101 I have one. Now what?
- The Year That was 2022
- Weeds and How To Tell If You Have One?
- What do the Terms Cut and Fill Mean?
- What is Better Organic or Inorganic Mulch?
- To Answer your Question here is our Design Philosophy
- How To Screen Out Your Neighbours With Plants?
- Why is Biodiversity so Important to Orterra?